In addition to regular childcare, there are various offers in the event that you urgently need short-term care for your child in order to meet your university obligations.
studykidscare is a flexible care service for the children of students. Our pedagogical team looks after your children from Monday to Saturday from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. so that you can concentrate on your seminar, your study group and other important things.
studykidscare takes place in the Europahaus, Mönchebergstraße 21B/corner of Moritzstraße, at the Campus Holländischer Platz.
- Maximum of 10 children aged 6 months to 12 years
- Only after prior registration
- Only to bridge study-related time gaps
- Maximum care period
- Children under the age of three: 35 hours per week
- Children between three and six years: 45 hours per week
- Only bookable by semester or once only
- No lunch
- Per block (2 hours) per semester: 35 Euros
Children from 3-6 years old up to six hours per day free of charge, provided they do not attend another institution.
- One-time, short-term bookings: 2 Euros / hour or part thereof
- If you would like to have your child cared for at studykidscare, please submit your application via Kibeka.kassel.de
- One-time, short-term bookings can be requested by e-mail to mitkind((at))studierendenwerk.uni-kassel.de
The University of Kassel offers child care in the parent-child room for the children of students and staff as well as a babysitter pool for flexible care. For example, childcare can be provided at conferences and further education courses. Please make sure you ask in good time, as this is the only way to guarantee child care.
Flying Nannies is primarily intended to help out in the event of an emergency so that parents can fulfil their university obligations. The offer supplements the "regular" childcare. Student assistants with pedagogical training step in and can flexibly take care of children at the locations of the University of Kassel including Witzenhausen.
Babysitterpool is a care service that parents can book not only in a case of emergency. The university only takes over the placement of the babysitting person. Everything else is agreed directly between the babysitter and the parents. The care can take place in one of the parent-child rooms, but does not have to.
Mareike Schön Family Welcome and Dual Career Service Coordinator
Phone ++49 561-804 2813