If you come from a corona risk area, you must go directly into a two-week domestic quarantine after your arrival in Germany. Please take this into account when planning. Inform yourself about the valid Entry restrictions. If possible, only travel to Germany if you have a room or an apartment safely. If you want to move into a student hall of the Studierendenwerk and have to go into domestic quarantine, please contact your student hall administrator.
Since we have waiting lists for the student halls in Kassel and Witzenhausen, you should apply as early as possible and even before enrolment. But please hand in your certificate of enrolment as soon as possible.
- Important to know: Only applications duly completed will be accepted. The number of rooms in student halls is limited. After the reception of your application your name will be placed on the list of applications. We cannot provide any guarantee for availability!
- Application Form (online)
- Data protection information on the processing of your student hall application can be found at: Data Protection
If you need additional information, please contact the data protection officer of Studierendenwerk Kassel, Gabrijela Barzinmehr-Franic, T. 0561 804-2782, e-mail: datenschutz((at))studierendenwerk.uni-kassel.de
- Room in flat share - sharing kitchen, shower, and bathroom, but usually a private washbasin inside the room
- Single room in double-apartment, sharing ktichen, shower, and bathroom
- Double-apartment - with private kitchen, shower, and bathroom
- Single-apartment - with private kitchen, shower, and bathroom
- Single-apartment in flat share - private shower and bathroom, sharing kitchen
- Studio-apartment - two-floor, two-room apartment, with private kitchen, and bathroom
- Handicapped accessible single-apartment - private kitchen, shower, and bathroom
Room furnishings: desk, closet, chairs, bed, bookcase, bedside table. Community rooms: TV- and common room, laundry room.
The Studierendenwerk Kassel offers a variety of housing options in its student apartments. The rooms are, with only a few exceptions, completely furnished and common rooms are also available. In order to rent a student apartment, you have to send a housing application and the necessary attachments to the Studierendenwerk. After your application is received you will be put on a list.
The monthly rent is comprised of both the basic rent costs and utilities. Rent prices are determined in accordance with §6, subsection 1, 10 of "Gesetz über die Studierendenwerke des Landes Hessen" (Studierendenwerk Law) at the suggestion of the management and on decision of the Studierendenwerk Verwaltungsrat (Administration Committee).
Utility costs include: street cleaning, garbage removal, house cleaning, exterminations, window cleaning, snow and ice removal, property and liability insurance, cable, taxes, electricity, water, water removal, heating and hot water costs, building maintenance, elevator maintenance (if available), caretaker works, analysis of drinking water, etc.
Property and liability insurance includes the costs of the building insurance against fire, storm, water and other natural disasters, glass breakage insurance, liability insurance for the building and the elevator.
We recommend all tenants to take out a liability insurance policy against possible damage claims that might arise from the rental agreement. Moreover, we recommend a homeowner's insurance policy that includes insurance against bicycle theft.
A non interest bearing security deposit of 300 euros will be collected upon signing the lease. This deposit minus moving out flat rate will be returned approximately ten weeks after the end of the contract.