The hostel of the University of Kassel offers visiting academics modern accommodation near the campus in a pleasant and lively atmosphere
at reasonable prices.
- The International House (designed by the architectures Schultze + Schulze, Kassel) received the prize “Most Exemplary Buildings in Hessen 2002”, awarded by the Hessian Ministry of Finance and the Hessian Chamber for Architecture.
- The International House is one of nine buildings which received the “Bundesdeutscher Architekturpreis Putz 2002”-prize. This award honours exemplary plaster works.
The International House is located in the heart of the university campus on Holländischer Platz, within walking distance of the administration of the International Office, the University Computer Centre, the University Library, the main canteen, several cafeterias, and many other important locations.
- Address International House, Mönchebergstraße 11a, 34125 Kassel
Rooms are fully furnished, for example withtelevision, telephone, safe, no charge for telephone calls within the university, free internet connection, pantry kitchens with dishes, coffee machine, bed-linen, towels (including changes according to timetable bedlinen service) weekly cleaning of the room, information on city and university
Shared facilities: Reading and common-room on the ground-floor of the guesthouse, washing machines and laundry dryers and iron, car park (€ 30 / month), breakfast in neighboring cafeteria.
Price per month for a single apartment ranges from 506 € to 680 €. A studio apartment with 2 rooms, suitable for 4 persons, is 1.050 € per month.
All prices include extra costs and services.
At occupancy with less than four persons the price for the studio apartment is reduced. Please ask Ms Fromm, k.fromm((at))studierendenwerk.uni-kassel.de or +49 - 561 - 8042597.
The 43 m²-apartments can be occupied by two persons (price supplement 55,00 € per month).
For all apartments a deposit of 300,00 € is required.
- Studierendenwerk Kassel (Student Services)
Kirsten Fromm (Substitute: Marie-Louise Schmidt)
Phone +49 561 804 2597
Fax +49 561 804 7552
You are welcome to make personal appointments by phone or e-mail.
Adress Campus Center, Moritzstraße 18, D 34127 Kassel
- International Office / Welcome Centre of University of Kassel
Kristin Gagelmann / Anne Ickler
Phone +49 561 804 2540
Fax +49 561 804 3513
E-Mail gagelmann((at))uni-kassel.de oder aickler((at))uni-kassel.de
Office hours Monday and Tuesday 1 pm - 3 pm or please call for an appointment
Adress Campus Center, Moritzstraße 18, Room 2118, D 34127 Kassel